Strategic Missions Partnership
July 9-15, 2016
- Trip Leader: Chris Wegmann
- Trip Sponsor: FBCL Students Ministry
- Trip Partner: Orphan’s Heart
- Flight departs from: Orlando, Florida
- Flight arrives in: Guatemala City, Guatemala
- Accommodations: Porta Hotel, Antigua
- Weather: 61° – 78°
- Min age: Completed 9th grade
Orphan Care | Maitenance | Light Construction
We will be partnering with Orphan’s Heart (a Florida Baptist Children’s Shelter ministry) and Centro Educativo Rehabilatación Nutrición (CERN), a malnutrition center in San Juan, to help meet the needs of children su ering from malnutrition alongside approximately 35 mission teams per year. The Center currently has more than 100 children in its care ranging from newborn to 10 years of age. With so many children in various stages of malnutrition, there is much work to be done!
Orphan’s Heart mission teams will provide assistance to the Center’s full-time national staff by helping with maintenance projects and light construction, providing medical care to children, changing diapers, bathing children, helping feed children, and nurturing spiritual development through Bible stories, songs, crafts and games.