April 21-27, 2014
Pentecost – God Indwells His Covenant People
Although Jesus’ death on the cross was God’s finished work, providing the way for man to be reconciled to Him, it was in some ways just the beginning. The Holy Spirit, the Helper that was to come next (John 14:15-31) would continue the work of Christ in believers.
For believers, it is powerful to know that God dwells among us. He desires to work in and through us. He empowers us to spread the Gospel and moves us to be on mission for Him. We must ask ourselves: How is God working in my life? How is He moving me to participate in His work?
It’s so amazing to participate in God’s work. Here at First Baptist there are so many ways to get involved in the what God has called us to do. Have you taken a CCC tour? How are you plugging into other ministries? If you have not yet been part of what God is doing around you, begin to pray, ask God to show you how you can get plugged in, and participate in His amazing work!
If you would like to get plugged in or tour our Christian Care Center (CCC) please email Bill Jones (Bill@ChristianCareCenter.org) our Executive Director.
Speaking of Jesus – “This man was handed over to you by God’s set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing him to the cross. But God raised him from the dead, freeing him from the agony of death, because it was impossible for death to keep its hold on him.” (Acts 2:23–24, NIV84)
Day 1 – Acts 2: 1-13
Day 2 – Acts 2: 14-28
Day 3 – Acts 2: 29-41
Day 4 – Acts 2: 42-47; Acts Chapter 2
Day 5 – Acts Chapter 2
1. What are some things that stood out as you read the text?
2. What do you believe the main thing that the author is trying to communicate?
3. What did God show you about Himself and/or His character?
4. How do you see yourself in the text? What can you learn about human nature?
5. What questions are you left with after reading the text?
6. In what ways have you been challenged? Will your life be any different because of what you read?