April 14-20, 2014
This is the week that Christ followers celebrate the one thing in History that we can all look to and find hope. It’s a piece of history that never gets old, should never stop being discussed, and should forever be proclaimed. Our Savior, suffered and died, but do not be mistaken, He is not dead, He has risen and is alive!
This week we will focus on Luke 24. We will look at the reality of Christ’s resurrection, and the meaning of this event of history according toe the scriptures. This is the very truth that calls us to be on mission for God, to be sharing of His amazing sacrificial love. Our Savior sits at the right hand of the Father, in full control, interceding on our behalf as we await His return. Spend time celebrating this week. Celebrate with your family, with your friends, rejoice for we are reminded, this is not our permanent home, what awaits us is the Kingdom of Christ which is better than we could ever imagine!
“He told them, “This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. You are witnesses of these things.” (Luke 24:46–48, NIV84)
Day 1 - Luke 23:18-56
Day 2 - Luke 24:1-12
Day 3 - Luke 24: 13-35
Day 4 - Luke 24: 36-53
Day 5 - Luke 24: 1-53
1. What are some things that stood out as you read the text?
2. What do you believe the main thing that the author is trying to communicate?
3. What did God show you about Himself and/or His character?
4. How do you see yourself in the text? What can you learn about human nature?
5. What questions are you left with after reading the text?
6. In what ways have you been challenged? Will your life be any different because of what you read?
This Week at FBC Leesburg
This week we have our Family Ministry Egg Hunt and Games on Saturday, April 19th starting at 10am in the front field by First Academy School. We also have this Saturday night service which starts at 6pm, childcare is provided for preschool through Kindergarden. Our Sunday schedule is normal with all 3 services and Bible Fellowship classes.